The simpler design of the new generation of connectors and the associated reduction in weight and space benefit designers and developers in a number of areas.
SPE standards and usage:
- 1000BASE-T1 (IEEE 802.3bp)
- 100BASE-T1 (IEEE 802.3bw)
- 10BASE-T1 (IEEE 802.3cg)
The maximum bridgeable distances as per the standards vary between 15, 40 and 1,000 meters. SPE is currently being introduced in new generations of automobiles, where it is replacing CAN and other bus systems. In future, communication, controls and safety functions will be mapped uniformly via Ethernet. These advantages are also appealing for industrial automation. SPE enables barrier-free connections for devices, sensor/actuator technology and much more.
Key features at a glance:
- Limits with unshielded cable in accordance with OPEN ALLIANCE
- Limits with shielded cable in accordance with IEC 63171-6
- 1 Gbit/s up to 15 m
- Up to IP68
- 5,000 mating cycles
- Push-Pull locking
- Cable assembly: different lengths and molded variants